Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tina Nordström's Culinary Tour of Sweden

Tina NordstromI first fell in love with Tina Nordström's cooking 2 years ago when I found her show, New Scandinavian Cooking, on public television. In this series Tina travels all over Sweden, preparing regional foods while she travels, and often cooking outdoors against the stunning backdrop of the Swedish countryside.

Tina's recipes are simple and elegant, and feature ingredients that we don't often use in the US (but should!), like cloudberries, elderflower, herring, fennel and vodka.

New Scandinavian CookingAlthough the show no longer airs in my area, you can purchase the DVD of all of Tina's episodes on the show's website, as well as her cookbook, A Culinary Tour of Sweden. Most of the recipes from her shows are also listed on the website, including her recipes for Dill Schnapps, Cloudberry Zabaglione and Royal Swedish Meatballs.

If you ever happen to see New Scandinavian Cooking pop up while you're channel surfing, check it out... Tina will win you over with her amazing smile in mere moments!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Based on the flower wreath in her hair, I'd say I love her already! Thanks for sharing Em, always looking for new cookbooks!

Sean McLeod said...

Well, thanks for your comment on my blog! So nice to know that SOMEONE outside my immediate circle is actually reading my musings. I love your blog too! Inspires me to do more with my own now that fall has arrived and I'll be less busy on the weekends! And I loved watching this show on PBS too a couple of years back. The preparations always looked so fresh, simple, and delicious!

Unknown said...

I found Tina's show on my local cable this past week, and LOVED it ! The Swedish scenery is stunning, Tina is charming, and her recipes are fantastic ! Please keep me posted on what's going on with Tina and her show !

Anonymous said...

Tina Excellent !