Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gadget of the Week: Prepara "Herb-Savor"

Prepara Herb SavorWhy grocery store herbs come in such enormous bunches is a mystery to me. I never use them up fast enough, and then feel guilty about wasting the excess... I have actually hunted recipes so that I can use up the rest of my cilantro. It's not a big problem - zucchini, potato and cilantro soup is pretty delicious - but I'd rather save the leftovers to be used for the next time I'm making my own guac or salsa.

Until I have enough counter space for an AeroGarden, this little gadget might just save the day: the Prepara "Herb-Savor" from Sur la Table. The product's claim is that it can prolong the life of cut herbs for up to three weeks. You fill the bottom part with water and store it in the fridge. Sounds like it's worth a try!

1 comment: